Skip to main content

Delicious Gluten Free Souffle Restaurant in Dallas, Texas

I had never had a souffle before but it sounded fancy and I'm willing to try new things (for the most part). So, I decided to try out this restaurant in Dallas called rise n°1 and the first time I went there, the line was out the door and it was an hour and a half wait. 

I don't know about you, but I sure as hell am not waiting for an hour and a half to eat unless I have strategically planned to do so. Especially since I was already starting to get hungry, I knew it would escalate to HANGRY well before it was our turn in line. I resolved that we would come back and try it another time, possibly in the late afternoon to forgo any rush.




My plan worked! We went around 1:30 pm-2 pm and were able to get right in! First let me say, that I really have a passionate admiration for cozy and quirky places - I thought it was cute from the outside and fell completely in love once inside this restaurant. They have a small shop area with seating that reminds me of a grandma's living room, tree branches sprinkled with lights, and you can see the hustle and bustle in the kitchen. 


Now, the menu... nothing is actually marked Gluten Free, however, their wait staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. I have found that most of their savory souffles can be made Gluten Free and they have seasonal souffles. They can even make sweet (Gluten Free dessert) souffles, usually the fruit varieties are the only options for Gluten Free. 


I have now gone to rise n°1 multiple times and have never had a reaction even though I have Celiac disease. My favorite souffles have been the Cajun Crab meat savory souffle and the Apricot sweet souffle. 


Rise has three locations in Texas - Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston. Let me know if you go, which souffle(s) and how you liked it! 

Comments